One in eight is pretty high!
According to the National Safety Council, one in every eight drivers will be involved in a motor vehicle accident this year. That may mean you! Are you prepared? Would you know what to do and what questions to ask?
Here is a list of 11 easy steps to remember, as compiled by the National Safety Council:
- Stop your vehicle if it is clear, safe and legal.
- Move the vehicle out of the traveled roadway, if it is clear, safe and legal. (In some states it is against the law to move the vehicle from the place where the accident occurred. Check the ordinance in your area.)
- Turn off the ignitions of the cars involved.
- Make a first aid check of all persons involved in the accident.
- Call the police and, if necessary, emergency medical services.
- Mark the scene of the accident with flares or retroreflective triangles.
- Gather the names* of all persons in the motor vehicles and people who witnessed the accident.
- Make a quick diagram of where the vehicle occupants were seated and indicate the vehicles' direction of travel and lane. Also note the date, time and weather conditions.
- Ask to see the other driver's license* and write down the number.
- Exchange insurance company information. DO NOT discuss "fault" or make statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Get a copy of the police report of the accident from the local precinct.
*Use this accident report form to help you gather the required information.
Sharon Woods Body Shop and Service of Cincinnati, Ohio offers a large variety of services ranging from Collision Repair to Scheduled Maintenance. With a team of Professional certified mechanics, painters and body technicians be assured your vehicle is in good hands. We work with all insurance companies and can help handle any insurance claim to make the process a smooth transition from drop off to pick up. You can schedule an appointment for a free estimate or, if your vehicle is not operable, we can have it towed to our secure lot.
Body Shop Service Facility
Complete Body & Paint General Vehicle Maintenance
Custom Color Matching Major Engine Repair
Professional PPG Paint System Fuel Injections
Professional Frame Repair Electrical Repair
Computerized Frame Analysis Engine Diagnostics
Fiberglass Repair Car Drivability
Welding Cooling & Flushing
Computerized Estimations A/C Service
Complete Claims Handling Engine Service Lights/Drivability
Rental Car Assistance Wheel alignments and Suspension
24/7 Towing Tires and Suspension
Lease Return/Detailing Fleet Maintenance
Paint less Repair Brake Service
Logo & Vinyl Applications Hybrid Car Repair
Windshield & Glass Repair Pre-Purchase Inspections
Sharon Woods Body Shop & Service
Your one stop auto center